Post-Workout Protein Shake


Everyone who knows me, knows that I love food. I can never seem to get enough. After my workouts, instead of indulging in empty calories, I will usually run (or slowly crawl my way after exercising) to the kitchen and make my go-to protein shake.

It's full of yummy ingredients (that are healthy too!) and makes for a refreshing, filling drink that will hold me over until my next meal. 


Honestly, there is no important order to these ingredients. It depends on the day and whatever I notice in my kitchen first. For this day, I first put in the spinach! Then came the apple, banana, Isopure protein powder, and cinnamon. After that, I decided to grab my Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (jury is still out on this guy), chia seeds, matcha powder, and shredded coconut. I love this matcha powder because it is naturally sweetened with monk fruit and gives a nice sweetness to the smoothie that isn't overpowering. Lastly, is the almond milk and here goes the blending! Walking away and covering your ears is optional.


Aaahhhhh! Doesn't she look nutritious and delicious?!


And finally, she is done and ready to serve!!

WHAT YOU NEED:

1 teaspoon of matcha powder 
1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Powder 
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (my favorite is the Isopure Protein Powder)
1/4 apple
1/2 banana
1 cup of spinach
1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
Handful of shredded coconut




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig